Saturday, January 10, 2009

Why, To the North Pole of Course!!

This year with the help of Hailey and my wonderful mother were able to go on the Polar Express this Christmas Season. If you don't know The Polar Express has to be Dax's favorite book, movie and soundtrack EVER! We watch the movie all year round, read the book at night and sing the hot chocolate song all of the time! We know everything and every word to this movie. So when Hailey asked if we wanted some of the extra tickets that her mother-in-law had I had I just had to say yes. So Brian booked the afternoon off and we headed north to the North Pole. What Bran and I didn't realize that we really were headed to the North Pole conditions. We googled how to get there and it told us that it would take 3.5 hours and Brian of course said that we could beat that time. So left our nice warm, sunny weather at about 3:00 and went on our way. The train left at 8:00 so we thought sure we had plenty of time. As we hit 6000 feet it became as Avery said Christmas outside. She loved it until she realized that Christmas is cold! We were in a terrible snow storm and very icy roads! We were passing everyone and we were only going 35 miles and hour. In Flagstaff Avery said that she had to go to the bathroom, Brian looked at me and said if we stop we will miss the train, so we talked her into holding it. I had the kids all a present to open when we got there with some new Pj's for the train ride and it did not happen at I envisioned it. It was more Brian and i ripping open the boxes and the children's clothes off and change them and RUNNING in a blizzard to the train station as they were loading the train. We were soaking wet and out of breath. But it was snowing and made it even more real for the kids. As we rode the train and they started passing out the hot chocolate and cookies, Dax looked at me and said " Why are the chairs not turning around and tables coming up? And why they are not dancing and shooting the hot chocolate from cup to cup? " See we have seen it way to many times! But it was a great time and fun to see the kids have a shine in their eyes and smile on their faces. This is the conductor of the Polar Express.
Dax with his special ticket!

A picture of the family...we are the ones behind the snow storm!


Of course, a snow ball fight!!



Santa on the train giving all of the good boys and girls a bell from the North Pole.




5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how much fun you guys had! I am sure Dax was thrilled with the whole thing. Thanks for putting you pictures on so I could see your kids. I just love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I hope you don't mind, I found your blog on Ashley's. Your kids are so cute. The polar express thing looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I can just picture you and Brian ripping open the presents, screaming at the kids to hurry up and sweating amidst the storm to get on the train! LOL! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to see your blog!! Looks like everything is going well with you guys. We got you christmas card..very cute! We need to get Starla into the blog world! later girl
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't it crazy that becks, trace, and kennedy are 2? and becks isn't the baby anymore. it's too sad. we miss you guys. five months and we are out of here! love- erica

    ReplyDelete