Brian came home from church a couple weeks ago and told me that he had signed us up to clean the flower beds at the temple at 8:00 Saturday morning. WHAT TIME on a SATURDAY!?!? I have several thoughts going thru my head....YOU signed up, what time, what day, what for? Even on the weekdays Dax doesn't have to be to school until 8:45 and most of the time Trace and Avery are just barely out of bed. The temple is a good 30 min away and I am adding up what time we are going to have to be up and ready with smiles on ready to whistle while we work. WAY EARLY!! So we got there and they sent us back to this area that clearly had been neglected (surprising at the temple) it was a jungle. I thought what in the world are the kids going to do, I could hardly pull the weeds? I was so impressed that this gardener came around and found a job for each of the kids! The men were cutting a banana tree down and she had the kids yell TIMBER as loud as they could and they thought they were so cool. Then she took Dax and told him that he looked like just the waterer that she was looking for, she got him the BIG hose and had him water all of the potted plants that hadn't been planted yet. Then she had Avery and Trace and eventually Dax carry an entire stack of the plastic pots over to another area. They worked so hard. She did take time to show them a worm and a bug some of the different things growing! What a great experience for our entire family. Who know maybe next time I will sign us up!
This is the kids stand by the PARTY TREE that we all met at when the work was done. It was hard to get Avery away from the Temple because she just wanted to walk around and see all of the "princesses" that were getting married! She wanted to get in and have a picture with them. I think that she was getting the temple and Disneyland confused!
After we left the temple, we decided to take the kids and go on a little hike. The kids had a great time and the weather was great. See I am preparing to be the camp leader!! 



No comments:
Post a Comment