Dax is playing T-Ball this year and is very excited about it! At first I was a little worried that he would get my ball playing abilites but from the looks of the first practice he is already better then me. I have some scarred memories from the year that I had to play ball with Hailey and she had to take French lessons with me. I HATED T-ball!!! We were the only girls on the team and Hailey was actually good which only made me look worse. I think that I struck out all year (how do you strike out??) until the last game. I finally made a hit and started running.....what I and everyone else didn't know was that the helmet was way to big for my head. I ran to first and the other team overthrew the ball, so they had me run to 2nd, where the ball was overthrow again. So on to 3rd I went, as I am running, the helmet had rotated and I was now looking out of the ear hole!! To my surprise and probably on purpose, 3rd base missed the ball again and I was headed home! The first hit that I ever made and it was a home run!!!! The crowd was cheering and my mom was crying in the stands!! Her little girl finally made a hit and ran all the bases looking out of the ear hole! Just makes a mother proud! I also never paid attention to the game itself while I was out in the field, it was always dancing and picking flowers for me. I did catch a ball out there one but only because the ball fell into my mitt that was laying on the ground. I was also the kid that would throw that ball and still be the closest one to it, so I would have to run to it and throw it again, and again and again! So I started just running the ball in every time. I am sure that the other kids on the team just hated it when a ball came to me. Well I hope that Dax has other experiences that make me proud! So far so good!!
He was playing 3rd base this time. I love T-Ball because it really doen't matter where the ball is hit the entire team goes for it. GOOD LUCK DAX ON A GREAT SEASON!!! I will be proud no what the outcome!!
I love your description of playing T-ball. T-ball is fun to watch. It makes me laugh the whole game. I'm sure that Dax will be great!
ReplyDelete